Fire severely damaged the Chillicothe home Wednesday evening
The Chillicothe Fire Department was called to the scene of a house fire at 78 South Hickory Street at about 6pm Wednesday evening.
The fire department confirmed the fire started in the attic. It is believed to be accidental but the department is still investigating.
A woman who lived in the house and her baby were able to run to a neighbors house for safety.
Red Cross is assisting the family temporarily.
The fire department said the home will need a new roof but believe the rest of the structure can be saved.